Upgrading from earlier versions
Release with the same major number (1.x) are intended to be drop-in replacements. However, in most cases the versions of dependency jars must be adjusted because newer versions of Velocity might require updates.
Upgrading from Velocity 1.6
There are no changes in the dependencies since Velocity 1.6
- Deprecated $velocityCount; please use $foreach.count or $foreach.index
- Deprecated $velocityHasNext; please use $foreach.hasNext, $foreach.first or $foreach.last
- Deprecated velocimacro.context.localscope setting; please get/set local #macro references as members of the provided $macro scope control instead. (e.g. #set( $macro.foo = 'bar' ) and $macro.foo )
- Deprecated directive.evaluate.context.class setting; please get/set local #evaluate references as members of the provided $evaluate scope control instead. (e.g. #set( $evaluate.foo = 'bar' ) and $evaluate.foo )
- Deprecated #literal directive; please use #[[this syntax]]# instead.
- Changed #stop to end template rendering rather than template parsing.
- Removed obsolete Veltag (use VelocityViewTag in VelocityTools project)
- Removed obsolete WebMacro conversion code.
Upgrading from Velocity 1.5
Upgrading from Velocity 1.4 or earlier