When building from sources, Maven should fetch all needed dependencies. At runtime, velocity only needs slf4j-api, and one of the slf4j bindings (needed classes from commons-lang and commons-collections are incorporated using "shading").
The following table lists all needed jars.
|slf4j-api||1.7.21||Yes||Yes||Yes||you'll also need an slf4j binding at runtime|
|slf4j-simple||1.7.21||No||Yes||No||Your application will need one SLF4J binding, see below|
At runtime, Velocity Engine only requires the SLF4J API jar, and will require an SLF4J binding to be present in the path. Typically, one of:
- AVSL - “A Very Simple Logger”
- SLF4J JDK14 Adapter - redirect logs towards Java 1.4+ logging framework
- SLF4J Log4J Adapter - redirects logs towards Log4J
- SLF4J Simple Logger - minimalistic logger
- SLF4J Android - logger for Android platforms
- LogBack - full featured logging framework
- WebApp SLF4J Logger - redirects logs towards the J2EE container log